The coziness of quilts, the sweets that give us warmth, lazy days, cherishing sunbaths, etc. mark the advent of winters.
Winters are those days where we look for as much warmth as possible. At times, multiple layers of clothing become helpless and we comfort ourselves with relishing hot foods.
When we think about the things we love to eat in winters, the tastiest and easy to gulp are dry fruits. Every savory made at home or at the sweet shop, cakes, cookies, everything we want to savor in winters includes dry fruits.
Therefore, dry fruits are ineluctable in the practice of keeping us warm and cozy.
But, to recollect, dry fruits not only get us warmth but they have uncountable benefits. Getting us vital nutrients to make us active, strong, energetic, and possess a strong immunity are the perks of consuming dry fruits.
Hence, we mention the top 10 Dry Fruits and their benefits to keep you in high spirits every winter.
Almonds are equally tempting for health as they are to taste. They are bone-building foods. They are icing on the cake in every sweet dish, are brown in color and mildly sweet to taste.
Benefits of Almonds:
- They possess Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Phosphorous, Manganese, etc.
- They fetch us warmth.
- Good for eyesight.
- Controls the cholesterol level.
- Help cure kidney stones.
- Good for migraine patients.
5 almonds a day are best for your healthy diet plan.
Walnuts, resembling the structure of the human brain, are referred to be good for brain health. It is a tasty dry fruit that might take some effort to break but is worth consuming in winters.
Benefits of Walnuts:
- It helps lower bad cholesterol.
- Prevents heart diseases.
- Makes our body warm.
- Acts as a catalyst for some kinds of cancer cells.
- It is also high in anti-oxidants.
It is advisable to consume 1-2 walnuts every day.
As a result, you will escape the winters and build good health.
Green in color, sweet in taste, rich in nutrients are the characteristics of pistachios. Pistachios, like every other dry fruit, are very good to consume during winters.
Benefits of Pistachio:
- Lower the chances of cardiovascular diseases
- Keep blood level, blood sugar, and cholesterol in control
- Keep your stomach full for longer
- Improve flexibility and tone of blood vessels
The consumption of pistachios on a regular basis shouldn’t be more than one ounce a day.
4. Cashew Nuts
Cashews or kajus are yummy dry fruits that are usually found in a lot of traditional Indian sweets. It is an energy booster dry fruit that is best to eat in winters.
Benefits of Cashew Nuts:
- They aid in the growth of good cholesterol.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
- Gives glowing skin.
- Good for gut health.
- Good for the eyes.
- Boosts energy level.
It is good to eat 4-5 cashews a day.
Figs are fruit-shaped dry fruits that have hundreds of seeds in them. They taste sweet and are mildly pink in color. They have a natural sweetness and are low in calories.
Benefits of Figs:
- They are rich in Copper and Vitamin B6
- Improves digestive health
- Improves vascular and heart health
- Makes skin healthy and glowing
- Kill cancer cells
For weight loss, it is best to consume at least three figs a day.
Raisins are sweet to taste, small in size, and are made from dehydrated grapes. They add flavors to every savory and sweet dish. They are very dominantly used in sweets prepared in winters.
Benefits of Raisins:
- They are very rich in vitamins and minerals.
- They relieve constipation.
- Good for dental health.
- Help in building and strengthening bones.
- Prevents anemia.
- Prevents cancer, heart diseases, and strokes.
Since raisins are high in sugar and calories, they should be consumed in moderation.
Dates are dark fruits that grow on date palm trees. They are consumed after drying them as dry fruit. They are very sweet in taste and have high nutritional value. It is usually a favorite dry-fruit in winters. Either it is eaten as a dry-fruit or boiled in milk to add relishing flavor and fragrance to milk. They are also consumed in many other ways.
Benefits of Dates:
- Lowers cholesterol and assist in weight loss.
- Rich in proteins and vitamins.
- Good for bones.
- Good for skin health and keeps it young.
- It is good for brain health.
Eating 4-6 dates daily is good for health. Consume it in the morning and evening with tea or milk.
Hazelnuts are sweet, buttery, and crunchy dry fruits. They are usually used as a good combination with chocolates. They are moreover a good accompaniment of a lot of winter dishes. They are mouth-filling and likewise have a plethora of nutritional benefits.
Benefits of Hazelnut:
- Controls weight gain
- Lowers cholesterol
- Prevents cell damage because of the presence of anti-oxidant vitamin E.
- Good for heart health.
- Helps to ease inflammation.
- For men, it helps to increase sperm count and sperm quality.
30 grams of Hazelnuts should be consumed regularly to control the cholesterol level and improve heart health.
Peanuts, also known as groundnuts, are tasty, crunchy, and have a deep taste. They are consumed as a snack food during winters as they are easy to gulp and keep us warm. They are a rich source of proteins. They are mixed with a lot of snack foods to add a luscious taste.
Benefits of Peanuts:
- Peanuts assist in weight loss.
- It prevents gallstone.
- It contains biotin which is good for pregnant women.
- Improves heart health.
- Treats Erectile Dysfunction.
- Helps to relieve symptoms of PCOS.
- Improves skin health.
- The presence of proteins improves hair health.
It is advisable to eat 1-2 ounces of peanuts on daily basis for enriching yourself with its health benefits.
10. Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts are tree nuts that are creamy in color and texture. They are also known as Queensland Nuts. They are very small in size and taste delicious. They have abundant nutritional values and are perfect for winter’s food consumption.
Benefits of Macademia Nuts:
- Keeps blood sugar control.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces the risk of Metabolic Syndrome and type 2 Diabetes.
- Good for gut health.
- Improves brain health.
- They are a rich source of anti-oxidants.
- Prevents cancer.
One can consume 15 whole nuts in a day regularly to boost your body with its nutritional content.
So, before the winters take a toll on you get yourself the relishing dry fruits from Dilocious.
Dilocious, a global food platform, will get you the dry fruits from the best sellers of India and which are authentic in taste and rich in nutrients.