When looking for a healthy diet, the nutrient content of food is of utmost importance. What you are eating and planning to eat must suit your health requirements.
Just before talking about the nutritional benefits of seeds, cereals, and grains like, we need to understand what they actually are!
The seeds of a plant are something that possesses the required materials for the development of a plant. Hence, they contain various nutrients that make it a healthy edible product for us.
Talking about cereals, they are the final products of any plant. That is why they are considered very nutritious and consumed as healthy meals.
It is well known that seeds and cereals are nutrition-rich. But which cereals and seeds are the healthiest and what are their nutritional contents is what we have curated for you.
The 8 Healthiest Seeds and Cereals you must take are as follows:
1. Basil Seeds
Basil seeds belong to Basil Plant and are also known as Sabja seeds. The fascinating health benefits of Basil Seeds are:
· They are rich in minerals.
· Reduce Blood-Sugar level.
· Relieve constipation and acidity.
· They contain healthy cholesterol levels.
· Help in appetite control.
· Aids weight loss.
· They have anti-inflammatory properties.
Consequently, one can consume Basil Seeds every day by soaking two teaspoons of them in water and drinking them.
2. Raw Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are very popularly consumed. They are white in color and have a tender texture. They are flavorsome and nutty in nature. The nutritional and health benefits of Raw Sunflower Seeds are:
· Rich in proteins.
· Lower risk of heart diseases.
· Have anti-inflammatory benefits to cure short-term and chronic inflammation.
· Boost immunity due to the presence of vitamins and minerals that fight off viruses
· Fuel energy in the body.
Therefore, one can consume 30 grams of Raw Sunflower Seeds in a day.
3. Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds are also known as Pepita. They are very small in size yet packed with numerous nutrients. A handful of Pumpkin Seeds can fetch you a good amount of healthy fats.
The amazing health benefits of Pumpkin Seeds are:
· High in antioxidants.
· Reduce the risk of certain cancers like breast, colon, stomach, and lung cancer.
· Improve prostate and bladder health.
· Form and maintain healthy bones due to the presence of magnesium.
· High in fiber which aids weight loss or reduces chances of obesity.
· Improve sperm quality.
Henceforth, to fetch the health benefits of Pumpkin Seeds, one should consume 30 grams of them everyday.
4. Rolled Oats
Oats are one of the healthiest grains on earth. They are gluten-free whole grain and are a great source of vital nutrients. Rolled oats have a mild flavor and soft texture.
Therefore, the exquisite health benefits of Rolled Oats are:
· They protect LDL Cholesterol from damage.
· Improve blood-sugar control.
· Help in losing weight.
· Reduce the risk of childhood asthma.
· Relieve constipation.
· Improve blood flow in the body due to Avenanthramides.
One can consume Rolled Oats regularly and can add some fruits to increase its nutritional status.
Quinoa is a grain crop and is grown for its seeds. Quinoa is often referred to as sacred and is known as the ‘mother of all grains’. They have their 3 types, which are white, black and red.
The nutritional benefits of Quinoa are:
· It has anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-viral, and antidepressant properties.
· Possess high levels of fibers in comparison to other grains.
· It is gluten-free.
· High in proteins, and has essential Amino Acids.
· High in magnesium and iron
· It improves metabolic health.
As a result, consuming one serving of 40 grams of Quinoa Seeds everyday is advisable.
Muesli is a protein and fiber-rich food. It is very good to consume as a breakfast since it fetches enormous nutritional benefits. It is low in sugar and calories.
The health benefits of Muesli are:
· High in fiber and whole grains, improving digestion.
· Possess beta-glucan which improves heart health.
· Improve cognitive function.
· Boost energy levels.
· Controls weight and makes one feel satiated.
Therefore, Muesli can be consumed regularly in breakfast by adding some fruits to it.
7. Watermelon Seeds
Watermelon Seeds are usually unwelcoming while relishing the luscious watermelon. But, to note these seeds possess very good health benefits. Some of them are:
· Good for skin. Moisturizes skin and prevents acne breakout.
· Reduce hair loss and prevent split-ends and breakage.
· Good for diabetics.
· Prevents osteoporosis.
· Rich source of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
Consequently, it is best to eat Watermelon Seeds post sprouting them. It makes it tastier and healthier.
8. White Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have become a modern-day superfood. Chia is an ancient word in Mayan that refers to strength. They are small in size but are a powerful pack of nutrients.
Hence, the benefits of White Chia Seeds are:
· It has low carbs.
· Has a good balance of essential amino acids.
· Helps in weight loss.
· Possess magnesium, phosphorus and protein which improve bone health.
· Reduce blood-sugar level.
Chia seeds can be easily incorporated into your diet by adding them to porridge, juices, pudding, smoothies, and alike.
Dilocious is a global food platform that delivers the best of food products in India across the country and abroad.
Therefore, if you are planning to fetch the best health products, why not the best of India?
Therefore, order the best seeds and cereals from the best sellers of India from Dilocious.